This a high-level position as this is the Go-To person for all product, manufacturing and drawings questions. The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and have manufacturing experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of engineering of new and existing products.
- Complete day-to-day responsibilities of engineering, including order processing.
- Utilize 3D software (SOLIDWORKS) must be able to design concept drawings for customers, detailed manufacturing prints, vendor and technical drawings and installation instructions
- Maintains digital engineering libraries and files including Part Numbers, BOM’s, in Solid Works and internal manufacturing system
- Create production packets in company system based off BOMs and drawings you’ve created for manufacturing
- Confer with vendors to obtain product and information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for Design through Installation of all products
- Optimizing of product design for manufacturing and/or processing
- Determining and planning manufacturing or processing sequence and packaging.
- Travel to job site throughout the United States approximately 3 days a month.
- Work across the development matrix with the plant manager, sales and marketing to bring all products to life.
- Available to work a flexible schedule as business needs dictate.
- Expertise of materials including light gage sheet metal; tube steel and powder coating
- Expertise of steel manufacturing processes including laser, punch press, MIG and TIG welding, powder coating, and packaging
- Mechanically-inclined with hands-on experience using machine tools for prototype development (plasma, break, MIG welder)
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas and contribute to brainstorms
- Ensure products meet all safety, quality, and manufacturing requirements
- Provides training and mentoring leadership to enhance skills and efficiency of other Engineering and Manufacturing team members
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain clean organized work areas at all times
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptionally Detailed-orientated
- Expertise in 2-D and 3-D SolidWorks
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be highly reliable and demonstrates ownership of job duties.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, must maintain tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Must be able to effectively manage confidential information.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs